Arctic Fish is a leading producer of salmon from Iceland. Based in Iceland’s remote Westfjords, Arctic Fish recognizes that our greatest assets are our natural resources. Our commitment is to maintain the highest standards in relation to fish welfare, sustainability, and a healthy stewardship of the environment. Arctic Fish has an extensive smolt and sea farming operations and as a part of having an integrated value chain, we are now building a new harvesting plant. The company have had a rapid growth in recent years, and we are aiming to harvest 24000 tons in 2025. Today the company has 64 dedicated employees working toward the company’s mission and objectives. Arctic Fish is listed at Euronext Growth at Oslo Stock Exchange.
We are searching for Arctic Fish new COO for our new harvesting plant. The position will take part of the implementation of new process equipment and will be responsible for preparing the start-up and the running operations in the facilities. This position requires close cooperation with internal and external resources and support functions. COO Harvesting Plant also has a collective responsibility beyond own work area where there is a need for follow-up and extra effort. We offer an exciting opportunity being a part of building and implementation of a new harvesting plant, and to be a part of the growing salmon farming industry Iceland. The designed capacity for the harvesting plant is 50 000 tonnes.
Salmon farming – HSQE – Management
- Operational responsibility of the harvest plant to secure an optimal and efficient production
- Implementation and start-up of a new facility including recruitment and quality systems
- Ensure that Arctic Fish’s requirements for hygienic standards and quality are communicated and complied within the harvesting operations
- Comply with regulatory requirements
- Overall responsibility for HSE
- Personnel responsibilities including recruitment and competence development
- Budget, planning and follow-up of the day-to-day operation
- Implementation and continuous follow-up of the current certifications and audits
- Secure best practices on hygienic standards in the production
- Deviation handling and follow-up
Qualifications and personal traits
- Previous experience from similar work or position.
- Higher education with focus on production, logistic or similar. Experience may compensate for lack of formal education
- Strong personal motivation and dedication for achieving results
- Good analytical skills
- Strong collaboration skills
Language: Strong written and oral skills in English and preferable Icelandic (not required)
- A challenging and exciting management position in a growing company and industry in Iceland.
- Exciting and varied work task in a new build harvesting plant with state-of-the-art equipment.
- A future oriented culture with strong focus on sustainability, environment, and fish welfare together with strict hygienic standards.